Customer Service @ Serious Seeds

Edit: I posted an update to this. Serious Seeds came back and didn’t stop until they made me a happy customer.

I placed an order with Serious Seeds about 2 years ago.

I enjoyed 100% success rate. Shipping was fast and the process was smooth.

I placed an order with them in November 2023. I noticed that some of the seeds were smashed and broken in what I received. I figured it was cost of doing business. No big deal.

I understand shit happens.

No problem. I went along and did what I needed to do. None of the seeds I received sprouted.

I placed another order in Jan 2024. When the seeds arrived there were broken seeds, AGAIN!

Now I was a bit exasperated. I went ahead and planted 1/2 of the seeds of one of the strains. None of them sprouted.

FYI- I sprout the seeds using their recommmended method of using a wet paper towel. I have never had a problem like this in 30 years of growing.

I planted 4 seeds from the other strain (AK-47) of which 2 sprouted. 50% success.

At this point, I’ve spent $250 for two AK-47 seeds to germinate. I thought that I can’t afford this.

I sent Serious Seeds an email and explained what happened. I simply can’t pay that much for the success rate I’ve received. Not to mention crushed seeds they send me.

After about 2 weeks of hearing nothhing, I went back to Serious Seeds website. I filled out the form to request a review because I planted 11 of their regular seeds following their instructions and not a single plant sprouted.

I made it clear I wanted nothing for free and would pay if they promise to send me new’ish seeds.

I heard nothing for nearly 2 months. I got sick of waiting. They obviously didn’t care, or they would have already done something.

I responded to the email I sent Serious Seeds, and let them know they have lost a customer. I explained I can’t pay $250 for two plants to germinate.

I was not expecting the very next thing that happened.

They told me I was a liar trying to get free seeds because the image I attached of the crushed seeds wasn’t taken apart and all of the seeds dumped out… “Why did I remove some of the seeds, but not all of them? Are the seeds still in the plastic because you broke them trying to get them out?”

Those are their words.

Whoa man, I just took a picture of the package to show how it came. I NEVER asked for anything for free.

WTF? I cannot put into words how insulted I was. They didn’t respond to me for ~2 months, then they respond only because I tell them I’m moving on and wont be doing business with them…and they call me a liar? WTF!?

Just a heads up OG community…I’ve had a very bad experience with Serious Seeds!

They still send me emails to respond to my original complaint, which at this point I feel like they’re trolling me.

I’ve never experienced customer service like this anywhere before. They literally blame me for the crushed seeds I received.

My experience with Serious Seeds has been the worst.

GUARANTEED GERMINATION is a lie! Buyer beware is more appropriate!

People call me a liar here because I came to share my experience.

If you think I’m lying, then do business with them. I’m not stopping anyone. I’m only sharing my experience.

20 Likes

Send me your address and I will send you seeds that I know have had excellent germ rates. If you’re interested…

Flintstones x ToyZ = (BamBam F2)

46 Likes

Awesome gesture @Rhai88 :muscle:

11 Likes

That is very incredibly nice of you!

I’ve got DNA I’m growing. My goal was to sprout a bunch of their Bubblegum satrain, then choose the best plant to clone and grow for a long time to come.

I think it’s essential to share experience, good or bad, with companies we do business with.

8 Likes

I know how it is to get screwed with seeds. Plus any good karma I will take.

Good luck on your project! Wish you success! Glad you got some good beans going!

10 Likes

I still have a load of Nirvana AK48 regulars stashed away for a rainy day if you are interested.

5 Likes

Serious seeds is definitely not what it was, sorry you had such a crappy experience.

4 Likes

What a generous gesture from @Rhai88 to ease that pain. Done in true OG fashion ! HELL YEAH! :clap::tophat::clap::tophat::clap::tophat::wink::+1::facepunch::ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Yeah, stay away from these white label companies that runs on old merits. Especially if they are based in Europe unfortunately. I’m saying this as a European myself.

If you are after AK47, take a look at what @JAWS has to offer.

Pz :v:t2:

9 Likes

yeah, fuck them they probably have inferior seeds anyway. i ran their ‘chronic’ and it was by far the weakest shittiest weed i’ve ever grown, and it wasn’t fault on my part and that was in 2011 i think. maybe they had good shit back in the day but not anymore.

4 Likes

if you ever want some good AK47, look into Joey Weed, at Hemp Depot. Hes got Pre2000 AK47 genetics. About $50 USD a pack. They are in Canada. Im in USA, and had no problems, and have used Hemp depot for years.

Luck 13 Seeds, in Canada, has a killer old school White Russian. White Widow x AK47.

Fleur du Mal, has some good Bubblegum. Id get the BX3. Also has a good C99, and others.

8 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear about your luck and experience, man… that is some shit.

@JAWS may be able to point you in a direction of ak47… I know he’s quite familiar. Probably don’t have to spend $250 either, though it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah chronic have always been shitty shit shit shit! Never ever smoked a good chronic. It was quite prevelent on the Amsterdam menus before, yuck!

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

Anyone still sending seeds in corrugated plastic automatically goes on my shit list. If you’re American, can add JOTI to that list too. So many other, better, guaranteed delivery methods than that cheap plastic crap. The beans still get crushed, and better hope none of the other strains don’t fall out while you’re removing one of them. Mix up your beans. :rage:

8 Likes

Serious always sends in a tube. Was the tube was crushed?

Also, where are you located. Simon won’t even send to the US.

2 Likes

damn, that sucks. a friend had a 3 pack of seeds from a company in amsterdam, forgot right now the name, and only had one of 3 seeds that sprouted. i contacted them for him and they ended up sending a tshirt after they said they don’t ship to the us. i gave him the shirt and then the seed i had sprouted. i never did bother to ask them how i got the seeds in the first place if they didn’t ship to the us. now that is how you do customer service. piss on these folks.

2 Likes

Send them some coin flips and hose washers and tell them to do better next time.

5 Likes

I do not hate on much anymore, but SS is on that list, since 2007, garbage group, at best.

2 Likes

2 Likes

From the context of the quote you quoted, it reads to me that the OP hasn’t had a germination or germinating seeds problem like this in the past. The problem being the seeds and shipment method delivering seeds with poor fitness and viability. All of the titles of the posts in that screenshot are much different than germination and delivery issues in my opinion.

@petedacook, does the correspondence you’re referencing mention who at Serious Seeds fielded your query? It’s disheartening to read of such petty behavior by the seed company.

Once a long time ago I was simply having a general conversation with Dubai at ACE seeds and mentioned some underperforming germination with one variety. At this time they weren’t shipping to my region and even still he made an offer immediately to make things right and send me replacements which I politely declined. I thought it was very impressive and have held them in high esteem ever since.

To think Serious Seeds is treating a repeat customer like yourself this way is embarrassing for them. I’m assuming you ordered directly? When ordering direct I would think they would be even more willing to accommodate your concerns.

I don’t have any AK but I have some Kali Mist x Lifesaver if you’d like I’ll send you some.

I think Simon comments and replies on ICMAG, I believe they are still a current site sponsor. You may have better success making contact and sorting replacements if you share this story and experience of yours in their sponsored forum space on Icmag.

Not exactly AK or pure Serious Seeds stock but I have some Serious Seeds Kali Mist x BOG Lifesaver if you’d like I’ll send you some. Hope you’re having a pleasant day. Many blessings and much love

6 Likes