Customer Service @ Serious Seeds

On the surface, my response probably seems a little harsh. I’m pointing out that for a 30-year growing veteran, the original poster asks a lot of basic grow questions when you check their history. That, coupled with the fact that there seems to be some inconsistencies with the information provided, is leading me to question the original post.

I’ve grown Simon’s gear for over twenty years, and I know how it’s packaged. Unless something has changed (which is possible) those seeds did not come from Serious Seeds. If they were not shipped from Serious Seeds, the OP should be contacting the vendor. Serious quit shipping directly to the US because the number of confiscations at the border wasn’t logistically feasible anymore.

Couple that with the fact that you don’t ever see threads where someone is complaining about Serious Seeds customer service let alone germination rates and something just doesn’t sound right to me.

8 Likes

To me their post history seems genuine. You think they’re trolling or something?

I can understand wanting to seek clarification for where the seeds were sourced but I don’t see how the duration someone has been gardening determines their accumulated knowledge. Especially with questions about cannabis because it’s been under prohibition for the last hundred years or so. Many have gone decades gardening and learning on their own without much help from others. So yeah I see it as a harsh follow up comment to your initial questions. OP’s post history is pretty awesome and seems quite genuine to me. They seemingly answer most all questions asked in the topics they have created, I’m sure they will address your questions about the source of the seeds. Also mentions this when joining:

was here around the early 2000’s. Dropped out of the game around 2005.

It’s likely they haven’t been in the lab breeding cannabis for 30 years. It’s seems normal for them in my opinion to have various cannabis specific questions considering their post history. People can grow things for 30 years it doesn’t mean to me they are always gardening cannabis. I think you’re just taking their words out of their intended context and because so you’re insinuating they’re trolling or something like that. The inconsistencies you refer don’t suggest to me any type of malicious intent, so why the screenshot follow-up to your question is where my comment originated from. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

Not at all. I think the information provided is inconsistent with my experience.

I’m genuinely sorry you feel that way. My intent was not to discredit the OP, it was to obtain accurate information. If you are going to bash a breeder, the information should be as accurate as possible.

4 Likes

If you are going to bash a breeder, the information should be as accurate as possible.

I totally agree. You asked the questions:

Serious always sends in a tube. Was the tube was crushed?

Also, where are you located. Simon won’t even send to the US.

I don’t see how your screenshot has anything to do with these questions. You cite it highlights inconsistencies but I don’t think so as explained in my earlier comment. Many blessings and much love

Our profile here paints a picture and tells a story. We can derive a lot of information based upon the posts and activities of an individual. You can see everything that has been posted, where it’s been posted, the threads that a user frequents most often, etc. There is a ton of information accessible to everyone here about everyone else. The OP has a history creating threads that ask very basic questions that I found unusual for someone that has been growing for thirty years. He claims he ordered them directly from SS, which is entirely possible if he lives anywhere but the US. I don’t know, he doesn’t mention where he’s from. He then states he has had nothing but a negative response to his inquiries about his issues with the seeds and that he was called a liar and was just trying to get free seeds. He then states that they periodically send him e-mails making fun of him for I quote “spending too much and getting too little.”

I’m sorry if I’m skeptical, but I am.

I don’t think he’s trying to get free seeds. Browsing his stats, he spends no time at all in giveaway threads.

3 Likes

And I’ve only ordered from authorized retailers, once about 20 years ago Kali Mist from Seeds Direct and more recently a year or two ago another pack of Kali Mist from Seedsman. I don’t remember how the first was packaged, and the more recent was packed in a plastic tube placed inside a breeder pack. I’m not sure how they ship directly.

Matter of fact, I’m not even sure I would even know how to order directly so I googled Serious Seeds. Do you know if that’s the real website? It seems to be but it could easily be a fake. Maybe OP ordered from there. Just wanted to mention that it says this on the website:

We ship worldwide to all countries. Each country has its own specific laws concerning the purchase and growth of cannabis seeds. Serious Seeds does not want anybody to act in conflict with any laws applicable within the country they are living. Every person buying our seeds is expected to act accordingly. Since cannabis is very beneficial to humankind, Serious Seeds are sold as a souvenir to be able to preserve valuable genetics in case laws change again.

I’m guessing OP ordered from there?

To me, if I’m analyzing his profile he was around on the original Overgrow so isn’t some young kid. He has awesome looking outdoor plants and mentions his region being legal. I’m guessing they used to grow 30 years ago, as mentioned stopped around 2005. Also mention their region is legal now.

To me, it seems they have grown since 30 years ago but stopped a while back. Maybe a little here or there. Now that it’s legal in their region they started again and sought out a familiar community they remember. All of those questions and topics created seem totally normal to me. Wanting to talk about cannabis specific things in a cannabis community doesn’t seem abnormal to me and I don’t expect OP to be Mr. Miagi because he casually mentioned he’s been growing for 30 years.

I think you’re putting your own expectations on what growing for 30 years means. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

Their website has a banner that states they now accept credit cards from UK, us, and eu so things have changed it seems

2 Likes

Also, I totally respect your preference and opinion to be skeptical and have skepticism. I’m just sharing from my perspective how I feel and I know you are doing the same. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

You’re right. I stand corrected. The last time I ordered from them, I had to go through Attitude because they weren’t shipping to the US.

Good to know and thank you for checking me on that.

3 Likes

I think it’s important to be able to talk without getting emotional or angry. We’re human, I get it. I really try to be empathetic and put myself in the place of the other person. I’m also a very logical thinking individual and if something doesn’t sound logical, I’m going to question it. Unfortunately, I seem to come across as a jerk, but I can assure you that is not my intention.

In this case, admittedly, I am a SS fanboy and probably take it a little more personally when they’re being criticized, but I would question it regardless of the breeder. I see it here from time to time where someone has a bad experience, but we only get one side of the story.

8 Likes

Totally agree! Discussions often resolve/solve issues or misunderstandings but having discussions seems to be a lost art. Tempers flare and the mobs often come out so I know I definitely appreciate other viewpoints or opinions like this post

4 Likes

This is such an relatable and well articulated comment. The highest of respect to you! That’s very beautiful.

I think Serious Seeds are really great too. Simon comes across to me as genuine and passionate about the plant and his brand. He is also respected by his peers in the industry like Shantibaba and such. Your passion to stand up for a product and brand you like and believe in is honorable. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

@coda is mean

But I’m inclined to agree.

3 Likes

I’m not going to be known as the guy who got Sbeanmellow mad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As much as I hate to say this even ILGM is a safer bet than those genetic suppliers from across the pond. I had one bad experience and was determined to never be on the losing end of one-off those deals again so now I really trust very few, but Great Lakes Genetics :dna: , DC Seed Exchange and growing up Ganja are ones I would always trust. :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::facepunch::ok_hand::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

That sounds totally uncool. I mean, who does that? Ignoring customers in this day and age when there are tons of other seed banks out there? I’m not Karen but it’s just plain weird.

So, my seeds aren’t sprouting sometimes and honestly I’m not exactly a green thumb myself. But still, whether it’s Herbies or Royal Queen, whether it’s the USA or European sites, they always come through with advice or compensation during the day

3 Likes

Yeah, this is so true. We who order from these sites here doesn’t have any better experience. Only old breeder who I’ve actually have had a good experience ordering from is Paradise seeds.

Other then that the EU breeders I’ve had good experience order from their own sites are Ace, TRSC and fleur du mal. Maybe I’ve missed one or two. But there isn’t many reputable sites left here in Europe.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

And don’t get me started on attitude… The amount of dead seeds I’ve received from their site… I’ve had experiences where I order 10 packs from different breeders from their site for $$$. Had 1 or 2 germ from each pack. If you write to them, they reply that it states on their site that they are not responsible for germination since it’s strictly prohibited. Hiding behind the law who oppress us. Weak. I’m 99% certain that they do not keep it on cold storage… Only explaination I can come up with that would produce these horrible consistent germ rates across all breeders they carry.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

Nothing like wasting your time for a dance :man_dancing: :dancer: that leads nowhere. Sad but ohhhh how true. 🫤

3 Likes