What happens if cuts/seeds are confiscated in the mail?

Title^

do they just send you a love letter, throw it away, raid your ass? Anyone ever have this happen?

2 Likes

You get a little letter offering to pick it up, think they give you 30 days or so then they supposedly toss it.

1 Like

Seeds confiscated by the department of agriculture normally get destroyed and a letter sent stating they were destroyed. Never heard of any action happening past that.

6 Likes

Depends on were you live…and where it was confiscated.
If your letter says to pick it up–DON’T!
If found- often it just ‘disappears’’ in the mail-- no note
Some notes will say it has been confiscated due to it being a substance not legal to send through the mail…and that’s it.
But considering you can now buy THC products through the mail-it doesn’t happen as often.
If they can not smell anything, and the package is secured/doesn’t get broken open- you should be good to go! Oh-- and seeds are legal to mail- no THC!!

5 Likes

Did you get a love letter?

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2021/pb22579/html/updt_002.htm

I’m kind of a stickler for details, and technically, you’re not allowed to ship anything considered hemp without the proper paperwork. In addition to that, seeds are still illegal in some states. Virginia is one of them. It really comes down to a question of what would your usps do.

3 Likes

in the last 15 years. i have had ISC New York NY (USPS) - US Global Mail hold and open my package twice. Both times the sent the package to me intact with a not saying hey we rifled threw your shit have a good day.

2 Likes

A Leafly article.

cali bud has been in NY since cali started growing bud

4 Likes

I’ve had it done a few times = confiscated. Usually they forward the letter/package with the seeds removed, along with a nice letter, sometimes even wrapped in a bunch of green tape labeled Department of Honeland Securty.
Here’s a copy of the letter

… and sometimes letters just don’t arrive

6 Likes

No I sent cuts to a member Priority and it’s just sitting in the same spot . Paranoid stoner brain in action

2 Likes

How long has it been there in the same spot? How’d you send it? I’ve been sending a bunch of packages this year and using a couple methods combined, no issues what so ever

1 Like

Just in a box, lol

1 Like

That one blows. phytosanitary certificate are needed for all plants/seeds comig into the country. No one does it cause they cost too much. It wasnt confiscated soley because it was mj just plant in general.

I believe they are talking about inside the US.

1 Like

It may if it really smells or the outside of the box is wet. I combined the methods of @Crafty_Flame and @HighTilliDie. I haven’t had any issues going all the way to AK.

The cuts get dipped in clonex. The stems get wrapped in a moist paper towel. The cuts go into a freezer bag and zipped up. The bags get put into a rigid plastic container (OJ bottle, milk jug, etc). That gets put in a grocery bag for a visual barrier. That gets put inside a vacuum seal bag that’s sealed but not vacuumed. That gets put into another visual barrier and then into the shipping box.

3 Likes

+1, you get a letter end of story, no offer for you to come pick it up, at least in recent times

2 Likes

The international and domestic love letters are a little different I think.

2 Likes

I mean I did use bags

1 Like