Sleepys spring run

So this spring we are running 4 uk cheese, 2 headband x headcandy, and just germinated 5 blue bubba in jiffy pellets and 1 just popped today.

Uk cheese are 31 days from seed. (Top and botton)
Headband x headcandy 18 days from seed ( the 2 in the middle)
Blue bubba 1 popped today (in jiffy pellets in a ziplock)

11 Likes

Looking really good! Welcome :pray:t2::purple_heart: glad you’re here. Curious to see those headband x head candy flowered out. Good work

4 Likes

Thanks for joining us! Are you getting them ready for the great outdoors?

1 Like

Fantastic grow, mate!

1 Like

They are indoors. Don’t have a yard to place them outside yet. I wish I did though

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m excited for the headband x headcandy as well. Has a strong grape aroma when I rub the stem.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Appreciate the love

1 Like

Okay so there was 1 male uk cheese the other 3 are female. Took the male down. One female had a single pollen sac, I removed it and no more could found since. It was from me closing the tent late. Human error not genetics. The rest of the tent is doing fine.

It’s been quite cold here in soCal most recently and my room is a constant 68-72f degree which has slowed the plants quite a bit. I have the light at max height atm so I will either drop it a bit to warm the plants or place some cfls near the bottom for heat. Whichever is easier lol.

If any of you are in south Los Angeles county, or near Compton like I am, they have a bait shop called Rainbow Mealworms that raises them in house and they collect the worm castings to sell. They currently have a surplus of worm castings and have several pallets they are giving out for free. Each bag is 40 pounds. I went and got myself a bag. The guy said I was welcome to take more and I would have but don’t have the space. So if you’re in the area or can make the commute it’s called Rainbow Mealworms. Very nice folks working there. It’s also a reptile store, they also sell pet jumping spiders, which if you didn’t know, are a species of spiders that behave like dogs. I am not kidding and yes i said they behave like dogs. They are very social, arent afraid of you and they are quite playful. They don’t run they rather socialize with you lol. Even wild jumping spiders act the same way.

2 Likes

After closer inspection, uk cheese #2 started producing more pods/pollen sacs. It hermd :tired_face:. I removed it asap. The headband x headcandy was topped at the 5th node and its fan leaves are massive compared to the uk cheese. Here’s a quick look of everything atm.

1 Like

Alright, here are some photos of the bubba kush x blueberries. Currently 14 days from seed. A few photos of some genetic mutation as well.

I have them oddly ordered atm will rearrange later. And to be honest I want bubba leaners. But so far I can’t tell yet. I tried a leaf rub and only #1 is giving. Very blueberry.

#1 went from single true leaf to 4 leaf instead of the usual 3. No wonder it smells of blueberry. The abnormal leafing is authentic dj short blueberry genetics iykyk.

Headband x headcandy#2 has a split leaf. Never had this occur before. It’s a cool looking mutation.

Lastly a pic of UK cheese#3. This branch is from the 2nd node. Showing a 3 node split

1 Like

Well I top dressed the uk cheese by mistake thinking they were hungry but actually they’re root bound. :expressionless: both plants experienced a slight Nitrogen toxicity. That means if i up pot now they will sure burn in the FFOF. Heres my wild idea to mitigate that. i performed some high stress training on the 2 tallest branch on each plant, exposing the growth below allowing for higher uptake of N, and also making the plant use the excess nitrogen to repair the HST sites. And tbh it looks like it’s working. I might be able to safely up pot after all. Damn I feel smart :grin:

Around week 3 from seed when I moved them out of the solo cups into the 1 gal, all the soil was falling apart and there were barely any roots at all. Now they’re already rootbound just 2 weeks later? Jeez first time I’ll ever complain about a product working TOO good. Damn that Great White :crazy_face: def works! I didn’t even use a lot, only sprinkled into the center where I molded the solo cup for transplant. Guess they just responded well.

1 Like

Usually, when the pot dries, the leaf tips curl indicating a concentration of salts within the medium. Instead, the leaves on the headband crosses develop holes and tears. I performed high stress training on headband#2 so to even out the canopy inside the tent because headband #1 is still quite short. Our weather is still cold along the Southern California coasts. So I lowered the lights to givem more heat. Even at 75 degrees in the tent their growth still seems to be maimed. Hopefully it’s warmer next week. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Uk cheese has recovered from the high stress training and is now in the flower tent. Only 1 week on the 3 gallons from the 1 gallon, and the roots are already bursting out the pot. Headband x candy kush is just a tad yellow, recovering. Once they green up its into the flower tent with the uk cheese. Ive taken cuts of everything to run along side the bubbas later.
The 4x4 flower tent

They’re greening up

And the bubbas crosses have a very hash smell, not much bubba or blueberry. I can’t wait to see if there are any bubba leaners.

1 Like

I think this is the pre 98 bubba leaner :open_mouth: it’s very short plant too! Good signs!

These are leaning towards the blueberry with rounded teeth on the ridges, or something but those leaves are too dark with bluish hue to be bubbas :thinking: