Motorcycle riders

I was in really bad motorcycle accident some time last week.

This saved my life

25 Likes

wishing you a full and quick recovery, im glad you had protection on! keeping you in my thoughts!

8 Likes

thank goodness your ok and also that full face shoei probably really save your brain. Hoping for a quick recover and don’t let it stop you from getting back on.

8 Likes

Glad you are ok, had some close calls in my day too! Watched my cousin lose half of the flesh on his body and somehow not die doing 100k when he laid her down on a patch of gravel. That memory is burned in my brain and had he been wearing leathers and a helmet he’d have been fine I’m sure, instead it was 6-7 months of surgery and skin grafts. :disappointed: I still jump on once in a while with shorts and a t-shirt/wife beater but a helmet is a must , if I’m actually going far I throw on the alpinestars

8 Likes

Nothing like a motorbike accident to remind a person about ‘physics’.
Heal well and remember ‘Advil’ is a true friend…

7 Likes

There is only 2 types of motorcycle riders,
Those that have wrecked and those that are gonna! I have accomplished both and moved on to other things!
Hope you heal quickly. :+1:

12 Likes

That is such great news, your lid, did it’s job!!
I first started riding in the 70’s.
We rode wild and stupid. Helmets sucked, road signs sucked, everywhere was WOT.
Then in 1976, I went 8-9 funerals, that summer, all scooter folk, all from wild ass riding, some were the wives of the riders.
I had a lot of soul searching to do back then, concerning my life style choices.
The a, Live fast die young, was not sounding so cool after that.
I moved halfway across America, found a lady, got away from hard drugs, hard alcohol use, we built a family.
Then it took me another 35 years to get the two wheel lust, again.
I’ve been riding again, for about 12 years now, and love my new outlook, on two wheels, * slow, dumb, fun *. Is now my motto.
A phrase I took from the Seattle Scooter Club, when I following them during Scooter Cannon Ball run in 2016, maybe.
Took the Motorcycle Safety course, got my license, and proper gear for falling down.
And, I love my full face helmet!
I’m SO, thrilled to read the OP had theirs on also!!

8 Likes

I did that…6, 8, 12, it’s not a race.

Miss you Janice, xoxo…

8 Likes

WOW amazing accomplishment IMHO!
I rode down to North Carolina, years ago, to a Ruckus CON ride, and met a great guy, full motorcycle knowledge, that ran in 2 of the events in 08, 10. Across America, on a 250 cc power plant, and back, to his starting point.

2 Likes

I was also riding in a leather jacket I’ve had for 25 years or so. had just cleaned the chain and decided to go on a little ride I broke my ankle, Tibial plateau, minor back fracture… small brain bleed.

Thanks guys

3 Likes

“There are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists. There are no old bold motorcyclists.”

6 Likes

It’s not if it’ll happen, it’s when.

Been in a few close-to-death accidents myself. Gear is super important, including footwear. A pair of Wolverine boots saved my right foot on one occasion.

Glad to see you’re alive, stay up!

Cheers.

4 Likes

Came to say the same, looks like you have it covered.

3 Likes

Happy to hear you’re okay! Even in the areas where there is no helmet law, you’ll never catch me without one on. Waiting for warm weather so I can get my R6 back out.

Edit; I originally.meant to say “you’ll never catch me without one on”, and damn autocorrect or stoned brain wrote “with”, implying I wouldn’t be wearing one. Total opposite lol! Those things are life savers, even in low speed accidents, gravel kick outs, etc. Not only that, but they keep bugs and stones from hitting ya in the face. I’ve had some big bugs and stones hit my arms, legs, chest and they sting like hell, even more so at highway speeds. Had so many smash into my face shield that make a big enough splat and/or clunk sound that instantly makes me thankful of having face and eye protection. What kinda bikes yall ride?

Stay safe brothers!

6 Likes

Yesterday was the first day here to approach 80 dgf. Riders love to ride mountains in my area and there are at least three or four significant accidents a year. Stay safe and keep her upright!

4 Likes

I’m in PA, and have great riding roads around here.
However, riding down through Maryland, is stunning as is riding into Virginia, then into North Carolina, is just thrilling to me, more so for me, now then when I had a larger motor under me.
I love riding the Appalachian mountains.

4 Likes

pine creek gorge is my favorite in PA

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip Kami!
I’ve fished many places up that way, that I did not always know exactly where, I was back then.
I loved watching the hang gliders at Hyner View, as we would camp, at the top Lebo Vista, when road went through all the down to Trout Run, that dumped into Pine Creek.
30 of us would go camping, at the top Lebo, all but me, would be there for archery season for deer, in October. I went to fish the desolate trout streams.
I love that area.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you are ok. Welcome back!

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Just a quick pic of my bike. Had many over the years, but this one I’ve held the longest. 04 yamaha R6.
Used to have a couple liter bikes (R1 and gsxr1000)
But the 600 is plenty for the stop n go riding/traffic around here. Has a bit of work done to her, only 11k miles, had a little over 3k when I bought her off a buddy who was getting/got deployed to Afghanistan.

4 Likes