Making old school hash?

I want to make an “old school hash” bar. From what I understand, I need to dry sift plant material and gather the heads, put them in a mold, and press them into a bar. Is that all I have to do?

Any pointers or techniques are greatly appreciated. I’ll be traveling to another illegal state in a few months and would like to make some to bring with me. My logic is instead of bringing an ounce of flower, I can just bring a little hash bar so it’s easier to take with me.

7 Likes

Check the laws in the state you’re going to. Some have hash possession as a felony while flower is considered a misdemeanor. Just pressing it will give you a puck of compressed dry sift. The old school Hershey bar looking stuff requires heat from your hands rolling it or a wine bottle full of boiling water to use like a rolling pin.

5 Likes

Oh yeah that’s a good time had by all

About to do some ice bubble hash my self

1 Like

I’ve tried that before with poor results. I think there was too much plant material in it to make it melt together. I’ll be using a 110 micron screen this time

5 Likes

This might help you with the collection.

You need to scroll up to post #1

4 Likes

It works better with bubblehash. It presses into a nicer product.

I won’t comment on the legality because I don’t know.

1 Like

When you dry your material your going to sift dont sit on it too long.The Oils in those tricomes start to Evaporate a bit and when you go to press it into shape it wont hold together well due to loss of some oils.When i make hash balls i dont use any Wine bottles filled with hot water or any of that stuff.Just time friction and a little body heat with my hands thats it…My hash still stays pliable and keeps all of its flavor and it doesnt get washed away like Bubble stuff keeps a long long time wrapped in cellophane and kept in a dry dark cool place

![IMG_1717|375x500]

6 Likes

Thanks everybody for the tips, I’ll definitely take them into consideration. Also I’ve been growing weed and mushrooms here in TN for a long time so the legality doesn’t matter to me

1 Like