Diet Peps’ Pipe Dreams

Hi all

I thought I’d make a place where I can put all my weird ideas. And some of my grows. I don’t like to front, but I might tell a fun tale or two.

Let’s start with Bodhi Party…

OK, let’s start with a basic premise that many people don’t understand. Polyhybrids do not hold all of the genes of their parents or grandparents. They hold /some/ of the genes from their ancestors. For example, Sunshine Daydream is Bubbashine x Appalachia, and Goji OG is Nepali OG x Snow Lotus. But each of those crosses only inherits half of its genes from each parent, and only half of each parent’s genes. In a one-to-one breeding, which basically everything sold today is, half of each parent is GONE, LOST with each crossing. So when we buy a polyhybrid, the gene pool really isn’t that deep. There will be different expressions based on different inheritance, but not much. The more we inbreed, the less.

So there really isn’t too much to hunt for, besides some being better versions of the same than others from the same breeding run. I thought it might be fun to intentionally create a really wide gene pool, where who knows what you will get. A seed line with chances for real surprises.

That would be BODHI PARTY.

It would be fun to take clones or seedlings from 12 widely varied Bodhi lines, one seed each, and do an open pollination. Get the males and females all crossed up. But for real fun, then do an OP of a few seeds from each female from the first generation. This would jumble things all up, and the second generation OP seeds would be a crazy who-knows-what-you-will-get.

I think it would be awesome, and I think I know a guy who could donate the seeds….

What do you think? :smiley:

20 Likes

Me likey! I’m always down for shit like this in fact. Count me in :facepunch:t2:

5 Likes

Sounds like an awesome very fun experiment, I’ll be watching and following along!

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 and @Weednerd.Anthony thanks for stopping in. This is going to be fun, but it’ll be a while before I can rock those.

I do think that we’re going to have to start thinking about what 12 to throw in there :grin:

6 Likes

Hmm I’d say maybe either Artifact x Kashmir or TV that we both grabbed from dagga not too long ago :wink:

Or both!

Plus you have some gems in your collection at least from what I know…

2 Likes

Definitely an SL, APPY , 88g13hp, I know one’s gotta be ancient OG she’s my favourite! I’d suggest Jabbas stash too, some modern, some ancient gems, some dank af, some not etc. an epic mix trying to utilize the best branches along the way

3 Likes

Yes! I do like the idea of getting those landrace-y lines in there. It will give a chance to see them, as well as the fact that they don’t have the usual suspects for dads. I’m sure Appy, SL, HP, and Wookie will find their way in.

4 Likes

Toss in a lavender lemonade cross, and a Bubbashine cross into the gene pool as well and this really will be a bodhi party ! :+1:

2 Likes

That sounds like a ton of fun. I’m here to watch!

1 Like

Mmmm ancient og! I have useful’s ancient x tranquil elephantizer. Either those or straight ancient og. I don’t have ancient or jabbas, but I’m sure we could find it :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome! Welcome here, @Gadarien

1 Like

I feel like SSDD, maybe from a selected clone would hit bubbashine and Appy

4 Likes

You know I’m down!

3 Likes

This would be awesome. Glad to donate seeds to the cause if need be.

2 Likes

I know a guy :wink:

4 Likes

Those are a killer pack!!That TE is such a :bomb: strain! And combined with AOG (another favourite to smoke) that’s killer, dank, greasy fire :fire: don’t sleep on those bro

5 Likes

This will be fun to watch.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

@Uprangewilly @JustANobody @G-paS

Thanks for stopping by!! This really could be epic! And it could be a whole new world of genetic combinations.

5 Likes

I had a sneaky suspicion you might

3 Likes

I’m going to update the spreadsheet now.

3 Likes