Black Tuna Coop Seedrun

We talked about this preservation a couple months ago and I got around to dunking the seeds to catch this full moon just a couple days ago.
There were twelve seeds but three obvious duds that were discarded, and another one is questionable. 8 looked good

And sure enough, 2 days later we have 8 sprouts going in soil today. The plan is to veg these for a month in larger containers if possible, or for 6 weeks if I can’t. Lots going on, so Mother Nature will dictate timing and container size more than me. Well, no.
.That’s just a clever way of me saying I have no idea what to expect with a fast hybrid after growing sativas for so long🤣. This one flowers fast, so probably grows somewhat slowly but with a respectable stretch from its Lambsbread heritage.
This strain is a powerful hybrid of Herijuana and Lambsbread( info below), Herijuana itself a two-way hybrid of a potent Kentucky strain called Killer New Haven, and Petrolia Headstash, a greasy old Afghan from Humbolt County. I couldn’t find info about which Lambsbread was used in the hybrid, but here’s a little info I did find about Black Tuna in general, and a little about Herijuana
The seeds were donated by @TopShelfTrees1. Thanks for making this seedrun possible brother! Im looking forward to some couch medicine. Anything to add?
For the first time i’m able to set up my own wiki slots for everybody, but I don’t know how to do it😁
Once I see some green above soil, I’ll get the wiki figured out and I’ll start regular updates. …

113 Likes

Thank you @Upstate and @TopShelfTrees1 for putting together this awesome preservation run! I remember the tuna strains back when I first got to BC in the early 2000’s. Awesome time for weed! :evergreen_tree::fire::grinning:

18 Likes

Nice work @Upstate !
Thanks for the donation @TopShelfTrees1

This one should be interesting.
I will be chilling over here smokin’ a fatty if anyone wants to join in.

16 Likes

Only heard rumors about it in EU
Incredible @Upstate & @TopShelfTrees1 !
:green_heart:

7 Likes

What’s not to like about Herijuana crossed with Lambsbread. Is the plan to run these outdoors?

9 Likes

Thank you. Now I don’t have to recreate this.

8 Likes

Thank you @Upstate and @TopShelfTrees1!
Definitely pullin up a chair for this one

5 Likes

God you guys are cool. Thank you @TopShelfTrees1 and @Upstate

The work shant go to waste. Life is good. Thank you for everything everyday.

5 Likes

does anyone know the original source of the seeds for this project and what year they were made?
When I finally joined the internet of weed in 2015 , the Black Tuna clone held in the BC medical community was passed to me for breeding purposes. The group of growers who passed her to me told me it was the same cut registered by the Vancouver Island LP Tilray. This is when I started the OTLB Seed Collective which included some of those growers who passed me the Black Tuna. I cubed that cut into a seed line , handing over the majority of those seeds to the group that brought me the cut. By weight , there was 3/4 of a pound of seed from the final breeding which would be the Black Tuna BX5. I kept maybe 300 seed which are vialed in the freezer. My creation of the OTLB seed collective was not for retailing seeds but for preservation reasons and to donate seed to worthy causes like fallen farmers and other charities. That didn’t sit well with the others involved , a couple of them wanted me to produce seed for retailing at seed banks and also wanted thier own seeds retailed under the OTLB brand. This is why I ended that collective and continued on my own as strawberry hill. I only tell that story because I am curious if these Black Tuna seeds are one of the Fgens in my work that have somehow made it out into the community or if they are from an alternate source.
The tilray cut tested 17.9% THC .03 CBD if I remember correctly. Testing done through my health canada license. It feels stronger so I was surprised the numbers weren’t higher.

52 Likes

I felt this itch, like someone was talking aboot me, and then stumbled upon this thread… I am going to park myself over in this corner and bust out my hammock, a bong, and some popcorn.
:metal:
:eyes: Watching
:v:

15 Likes

Looking forward to watching this grow. Thanks @Upstate & @TopShelfTrees1
I’ve heard that this is a nice medical strain.
I know Hazeman also has Black tuna seeds available.

3 Likes

Some strains simply do not test high in THC because they are more about an entourage effect where other terpenes and cannabinoids provide the full effect desired.

10 Likes

:green_heart:

I started two found from a dispensary in FL, I also have a few back ups gifted I want to start. I’m tuned in, many blessings!

13 Likes

I’ll follow along @Upstate and see how things progress… Wishing you the best :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thab=nks @upstate and @TopShelfTrees1 this is something i have been waiting for

3 Likes

Excellent choice! I ran this about 9 years ago from referman and it was a wonderful plant.

4 Likes

This will be amazing to see , best of luck @Upstate and thanks for donating the beans @TopShelfTrees1

🪴✌️

3 Likes

Looking forward to watching this. Thanks for running it for the community, @Upstate and for the donation, @TopShelfTrees1 . Heard a lot of great things about this classic, and none better to pull the best out of it for the future. Y’all OGTW
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

4 Likes

Great news! Thank you @Upstate and @TopShelfTrees1. You guys rock! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Here’s a few pics I dug up of black tuna I ran about 10 years ago. Sorry about the quality, hope you don’t mind. I really liked this strain a lot :grin:

32 Likes