Airy, Loose bud structure

looking for recommendations for some airy structured plants for full term and greenhouse in michigan , I get alot of rainfall where I am so naturally the chunky buds can be a mess depending on the weather. outside exposed I usually get til mid October before shit gets too hairy, inside the greenhouse I could push til early November in my experience.

5 Likes

Ace seeds has some good options that are both mold and cold resistant. Bangi Haze, Nepali Jam. Kwick Seeds/The Real Seed Company ad well as Indian Landrace Exchange and Kalifa have Himalayan types witch are known for being mold and cold resistant.

3 Likes

I’d say any haze or haze hybrid. Maybe @ABushOfKush could help you? I know he grows outside sometimes and if I’m not mistaken he’s in the same part of the US

1 Like

you know I was actually just looking at some Indian genetics being grown north , and from everything I hear in interviews I can get behind irrazinig and his goals. I’ve also never grown any landrace so I could hit two birds with one stone

2 Likes

man if I could find a 10 or less week haze I’d love that, really into incensed, musky floral smells and tastes. I will have to give his logs a look!

1 Like

@santero do you have any more of those Amnesia x (C5 x Jack Herrer) ?

1 Like

You could also try your hand at “fast versions” “quick versions” really they’re photo sensitive types rather than photo dependent. They generally finish during the second half of September which can help you avoid some of the bad weather.

2 Likes

another thing I’ve been looking into! notice this seems to be really heavy in afghan/Pakistani cultivars, I think in the hoophouse with some fan action they would perform, I prefer to dry sift what I keep from harvests so that really might help staggering so I’m not loading my drying and sifting space all at once. I’ve ran 1 round of autos in the greenhouse they turned out good even through fighting off the leaf hoppers

1 Like

man… I don’t know this person but if it’s anything like this seed I got out of the bag of amnesia I got a few years back I’d love to talk to them :rofl:

I didn’t get a super airy bud out of her but she was stacked just right to not hold too much water lots of spirals of smaller nugs. and man was she a good smoke, I don’t know what hit my buddy’s grandpa’s room with pollen but I’d chefs kiss that happy accident

4 Likes

Fast versions are my preference for outdoor personally. You can clone and veg them like a typical photo dependent but they start flowering shortly after natural daylight hours start decreasing at the beginning of July. Its an interesting sight to see fat buds already developing on these when your photo dependent are just starting to flower.

2 Likes

Pine Tar Kush fits this bill well I think. Mine was labeled Tom Hill but from new420guy. Very Hardy.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that the strain Dr Grinspoon has small buds that can stay spread apart while growing

4 Likes

this is something I haven’t seen an outdoor example of, but I do like a heavy pine smoke they hit me like they need to at night, I shall give these a look

man the pearl necklace structured plants are so visually appealing, grinspoon has never been one in my circle what’s her high like?

1 Like

you could look at anything that is a BC staple if it grown in BC for a bunch of years in a row then it will be mold resistant god bud sweet island skunk death bubba juicy fruit blue berry

Siberian Ruderalis is supposed to be real mold resistant, would be nice for crossing that trait to other flower, and shes auto landrace

@WOAH there is a movement in the live rosin community with airy loose buds right now since they have higher surface area and thus increase ice bubble yields. I haven’t research enough to know any cultivars, but I watch quite a few live rosin channels on YouTube and it’s mentioned.

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

Bodhi seeds Old Mother Ghani (OMG) crosses make the resulting buds less dense. Himilayan hashplants come to mind.

2 Likes

Honestly I’ve never tried it myself, only read about it recently. It’s supposed to be a very “up” energetic high

I’ve got a bunch of vb and thai crosses that might work. Not especially airy but they are all pretty rot resistant. Imho they are more resistant to rot than most of the haze I have tried.
Flick me a pm and I’ll be happy to hook you up. I posted a few pics of some crosses on the Homemade strains thread.

1 Like